2018 Seminar Club Collaboration Competition
At this year’s Seminar, the AWGB is introducing a Club Collaboration Competition involving a
minimum of five club members to produce a wooden tractor. First prize for the winning team will be £250, second prize will be £150 and third prize will be £100.
1. The Collaboration Competition is open to both Affiliated and Associated Clubs and judging will take place at the 2018 International Seminar, to be held at Yarnfield Training and Conference Centre from 5th to 7th October 2018.
2. Club teams should comprise of a minimum of 5 Club members and each club may submit one entry.
3. The theme for the competition is a Tractor and judging emphasis will be on as many working/moving parts as possible. Battery powered, moving components are NOT permitted.
4. The maximum dimensions are 40cms long x 30cms wide x 25cms high
5. The tractor must be made solely from wood, which may be any variety.
6. Preference in judging will be given to turning techniques as opposed to other disciplines such as carving or pyrography.
7. Clubs must submit a materials list with their entry, together with any supplementary plans or techniques that may assist the judges with their decision.
8. Judging is ‘blind’ and therefore any documentation should NOT contain information that will identify the club or individuals.
9. However, the AWGB competition co-ordinator WILL require a separate, full list of participants in the collaboration, together with photographs of the participants and of the entry, during production.
10. The judge’s decision is final.
Get those thinking caps on and teams organised! We are looking forward to seeing what can be produced.