Author Topic: Back to my roots  (Read 908 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Back to my roots
« on: April 16, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
When I lived on Exmoor I use to turn a lot of wood like this and much of what I made had holes, cracks, splits etc. Then I started getting posh and using whole wood. Sorting through a forgotten stash of wood I came across this lump of cedar. Some was missing, some flew out when turning but I actually loved using this sort of wood again. Be intersting on peoples reactions at shows as I am finding rustic more natural pieces sell well. Thos one has a fir bit of sanding to do on the i nside (hand sanding of course) C&C welcome as always. Curious to see peoples reactions

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Back to my roots
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »
Sorry Pete, I love this piece, which means it will never sell!

I think this is one for Mo to look at before you do any more to it, I can see a perfect shiny part with art work, blending into the more rustic sections.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 12:38:17 PM »
I also like natural turned pieces but that does not mean that I do not appreciate a well-turned piece decorated or not.

Looks a well-turned piece and I can see that it will not take long to sell (under normal times).

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 12:48:34 PM »
Being cedar decorating  the way Mo does it would be difficult. Mo uses pyro and inks and on cedar that would be really hard to get any detail. Nice idea though, worth floating to see what sge comes up with.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:24:15 PM »
I like this as it is, it tells a story and has character :)