Author Topic: 2019 membership renewals  (Read 5522 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: 2019 membership renewals
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »

Hi Percy,
               I thought this might be the reason thank you.

Regards John
John Smith

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 11:26:20 PM »
We only send out membership cards to individual members with Revolutions. All branch members cards are sent to the club membership secretary in bulk. They should be arriving by next week.

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 07:54:39 PM »
Thanks Paul, hopefully by Monday our club night.
Sorry if I seem to be complaining, but I do have to talk to my members.
Thanks
Ron

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »

Thank you Paul it is appreciated

Regards John
John Smith

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 02:50:08 AM »
My Mag arrived with my 2019 card , I have paid up  :D

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »
Further to AWGB Membership cards today I received Membership letters and cards for members who have not yet paid I assume I will give these out like before when members pay but I have quite a few members who have paid and I have sent the Money off but non of these have I received Membership Cards so I wonder if these are coming direct from the membership secretary I would be interested if any other Secretary's who may read this posting has any further information
This posting is not criticising any of the AWGB Committee it could just be a hiccup with a new Membership Secretary taking over I wish him the best of luck in doing a very difficult job.

Regards John   
John Smith

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 11:20:27 PM »
Hi John,
The new membership secretary didn't send out the membership cards, I did. They were done on the assumption that those who were already marked as 2019 members were either new members or ones who had renewed early and already had received their membership cards so I only got cards printed for those who hadn't yet renewed. If you are short of any cards, ask Keith to print them.
The process hasn't exactly been a smooth one this year but I'm sure we can sort it out going forwards.

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 12:28:56 AM »
Is there any reason why my membership number is different from last year? It's not a problem, it's just a number after all, but I just assumed my membership number would remain constant . . . . .

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
You have probably been registered as a new member instead of a renewing one. Did you supply your current number when you renewed?

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 05:09:16 PM »
Mine arrived just after club night and I will give them out to those who have paid at the January club nght.It was unfortunate timing to have the membership secrtary resign just before the renewals went out, lets give Kieth Mosely a chance to settle in. As I said before, his job must  be one of the busiest especially at this time of year.
Here's to a smooth renewal next year
Ron

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »
You have probably been registered as a new member instead of a renewing one. Did you supply your current number when you renewed?

Hi Paul,
Yes, I included my 2018 number and in fact I got a confirmation e-mail on 20 November that showed my 2018 number. The number I've got on my 2019 membership card is different. If it was a new membership number, I would have expected it to be a 'higher' number than my old number, assuming numbers are issued consecutively and increasing (if you know what I mean). My 2019 membership number is slightly lower than my 2018 number  . . . . .
Mike.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »

Thanks for replying Paul the letters and cards I received mostly were for those who had not paid, for all those that have paid in November no letters or cards I sent monies and membership list to Mike then last week those that paid in December I sent those to Keith with the updated list nothing received yet it was unfortunately that Mike resigned at this time and it will take Keith time to get sorted.It is unfortunate that I chase our Members to pay promptly then they are now asking for their cards.

Regards John

John Smith

Offline michaelb

• bronze
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »
It was planned that the bulk membership cards were going to be done in October as I was going into Hospital and would be out of action for at least 6/8 weeks . The data was sent and it was going to be done by the AWGB magazine printer, to go out early November  why that never happened I do not know.
Unfortunately circumstances  overtook and I felt it best to resign Membership Secretary and Trustee
No pockets in shrouds spend it now

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:45 PM »

Hi Paul,
Yes, I included my 2018 number and in fact I got a confirmation e-mail on 20 November that showed my 2018 number. The number I've got on my 2019 membership card is different. If it was a new membership number, I would have expected it to be a 'higher' number than my old number, assuming numbers are issued consecutively and increasing (if you know what I mean). My 2019 membership number is slightly lower than my 2018 number  . . . . .
Mike.

I suggest you contact Keith with both membership numbers so he can look into it.

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 04:46:42 PM »
Will do, Paul, thanks.