Author Topic: The Past  (Read 2388 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
The Past
« on: October 15, 2012, 01:49:01 AM »

It has been commented to look back (should you have kept any) at past or early work, more just to see how far you've moved on.

This was as much a first in green turning at the time an a Apple branch which came my way, it's turned end grain 5.5" dia x 3" hi x 2.5" dp ( 11.2 x 7.6 x 6.2 cm ) the inside mirrors the flow of the outside, finish as had so few was DO ... 

As for the past and to date it 98-6 ..  1998 and piece No: 6 ...   ;D ..  I am somewhat lucky with the fact I still have it, someone would not let me part with it, even to the fact it should have gone to the friend as a gift for the fimber...   :-[ .

What's form your past ...   :o ..

Cheers       David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: The Past
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »
Nothing wrong with the bowl David. Okay so it moved, but you said it was green when turned, that happens.

It's a good idea to keep a few pieces every-so-often, so you can do just this, look back and see how you've improved.

I might have to dig out a couple of my early bowls I know we've still got. The wife get's them out every Christmas and fills them with nuts.

Thanks for posting.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: The Past
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »

Cheers, Bryan, it looks as if with a few of us that our work doesn't get past the wife, a look round at this moment and my work has something in them ... ;D .. let alone nuts at Christmas.

Had thought since posting should have opened the thread in general then others like yourself could add their past work under that title, anyway work can still be added here if wished too.

Cheers  David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''