Author Topic: SOLD - Startrite 502 Bandsaw For sale - Reduced Price  (Read 1322 times)

Offline PC

• iron
SOLD - Startrite 502 Bandsaw For sale - Reduced Price
« on: June 04, 2021, 12:27:39 PM »
Following the recent demise of two very good friends, their families have asked me to clear the workshop and dispose of the contents.  Smaller items very successfully auctioned through 6 clubs in the S.E. A big thank-you to all that participated.

We now have  3 items left - a Startrite 502 Bandsaw, a Meddings Floor Mounted Drill Press and an Apollo Professional Lathe (there is also a vintage Danarm chainsaw but I will not put it on the forum,  please advise if interested) I will post the others separately:-

Firstly,  the Startrite 502 Bandsaw.

This is in Excellent condition and has been molly-coddled throughout its life.  It is currently single phase but could revert to 3-phase. It is fitted with a Eurotherm 5831 Control Box so is now variable speed.

The original  3 phase control box is included in the sale along with  20+ blades. The Bearing assemblies have been replaced with Carters' Zefyr units.

Owing to medical issues the workshop was not used for 6 or 7 years but heated throughout that time.  We have checked  it in use and , after a minor tweak to the control box settings (due to lack of use) it is running smoothly and as powerful as ever - same minor‘fault’ found on the lathe with same control box but all is well now.

The saw is in Dorking  (RH4) -  about 10/15 minutes from Junction 9 of the M25.

Any queries please advise.

Price now reduced to £1000, grab a bargain before it goes on ebay.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 07:42:59 AM by Valkrider »

Offline rebs06

• iron
Re: Startrite 502 Bandsaw For sale - Reduced Price
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 08:41:44 PM »
Assuming this has gone

Offline PC

• iron
Re: Startrite 502 Bandsaw For sale - Reduced Price
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 07:45:37 PM »
Yes, 'fraid so.  Apologies, was not aware that it was still live.
PC