Author Topic: forum logging in problems  (Read 4254 times)

Andy Coates

forum logging in problems
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
Over the past few weeks I have had a staggering number of help requests concerning logging into the forum, and consequently spent many hours checking accounts, re-setting passwords in order to allow me to look at individual account settings, typing email replies and so on. Whilst I am happy to do this, and it is part of my role as forum admin, I cannot continue to spend so much time on these problems when in the main they are the result of incorrect passwords.

Would all users experiencing problems please ensure the following:

log in via: http://www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/index.php, or the FORUM button on the main website (where the issue there has now been solved and rectified)

Please write your passoword down near your computer and refer to it prior to logging in

Of course there will be people who have logging in problems related to none of the above, and I will of course do all I can to sort your problems out, but a little more care should result in far fewer hours spent checking error logs and sorting problems.

Many thanks

Andy

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
Re: forum logging in problems
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:01:21 AM »
Hi Andy

Do you not have a "forgot your password button" where a new password is generated randomly for those who have forgot their passwords? I think that it's a simple piece of code that could be added if not and that would save you from having to do the work.

Regards

Ed