Author Topic: test for dave w  (Read 1997 times)

Dave Wilcox

test for dave w
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
test

Dave Wilcox

Re: test for dave w
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
test as dw

Andy

Dave Wilcox

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »
Hi Andy
Well that one has let me log straight in. Weird.
This does not appear to be a password problem but more a security issue as to the way you get to the forum page. I had my browser set to get to the forum by using www.awgb.org.uk this still produces the 403 error. However if I use the path you gave by going through the awgb website first it all seems to work okay (www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/index.php) at the moment  :) I believe 90% of users will let their browser keep their log in details stored automatically or like myself use a password locker where you just cut and paste, the latter method can have problems occasionally by people adding characters in the cut before and after the password, ie spaces usually. This is more rare these days by the design of the lockers. So I believe this is all to do with the approach used, backed up by the cryptic error message - 'Data may not be posted from offsite forms'.
So to all those of you like myself that have been using www.awgb.org.uk delete it and use the address in brackets above. I am sure Andy will be most appreciative ;D as tracking forum errors is a royal pain in the &*&* and he has woodturning to do.
Regards
Dave
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:58:02 AM by Dave Wilcox »

Andy Coates

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
'Data may not be posted from offsite forms'!!!!!!

I don't know why this didn't occur to me yesterday!

I installed a modification to the forum software to halt the never ending attacks from spam bots, and part of it's abilities is to detect "non-typed" input. In your case this could be part of the problem...it detects the PASTE action and decides you are a bot.

There was also a problem with the link from the button (FORUM) on the main site. As you already knew this re-routed from awgb.org.uk and for some reason created a php conflict which resulted in a password store refusal.

I have now altered the link from the main site and this seems to have cured the problem.

Life would be so much easier if we didn't have spammers trying to sell us all sorts of *rap!

Dave Wilcox

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:35:50 PM »
Well I've been called lots of things in my life but never been thought of as a bot before, a8se a few times which I suppose could be close ;)
Anyway hopefully all sorted, thanks for the help. I have put a message out to our members as well.
Regards
Dave