Author Topic: Corain, Acrylic and Ash bowl  (Read 2519 times)

csbrown7

Corain, Acrylic and Ash bowl
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:09:23 PM »
And lastly for today. My glue should be dry enough now. A corian, acrylic and Ash bowl.

Offline Roger Groom

• bronze
Re: Corain, Acrylic and Ash bowl
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »
Hi CS
I like the contrast in the Corian/Acrylic colours but for me, the ash spoils it. Nice work though.
Roger G

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »
CS,   very difficult to judge this one, it's a nice piece and interesting how you've layed it out, I'm with the ash, it maybe the blue right next to it, then if an ash piece had been on the far side after the black or in place of it, then that's just me, I take it you may have more of the ash bowl to play with, no end too how you can put one together, so will watch as to what you may do next.

It's still an interest piece and something different, thank you.

Cheers,         David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

csbrown7

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
OOPs! Should be Corian.

I know what you mean about the Ash. My thoughts were that I had better include some wood for the purists. The cream coloured corian on the outside next to the Ash works OK for me though, but as said I know what you mean. I struggled for an age when I laid out the colours prior to gluing up the block. Its other half has more interest on the inside as the grain of the ash shows better and in its middle is the "eye" of some cream corian. I'll put a picture on when I get around to taking one.
Thanks for all the comments though.