Author Topic: Small Ash Form  (Read 2837 times)

Paul Jones

Small Ash Form
« on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »
Hi All

This is my first post, tohught I'd share this small Ash Form with you.  Views and comments welcome

regards

Paul

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Small Ash Form
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »

Paul,   this is a very nice first post, but not your first piece is it, lovely form with the ribs and the red as a finish, it's not been heavily done, still is the grain, which has nice details throughout as well as in the neck and base, delightful little piece or is it, how big a piece and what finish over the red did you use !!!

Like it, very well done.

David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
Hi Paul,Welcome to the Forum. Nice piece what did you use for the Colouring was it Spirit Stain? Regards John
John Smith

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »
Paul,

welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. I also agree that it's not your first turned piece, but the shape and effect you've created work well.

Is there two colours there? It looks like a black in the grain with the Red over it.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Paul Jones

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:22 AM »
Hi all

Thanks for the feedback fellas, the colour is spirit stain applied with a venturi mouth spray, the black grain has been created by a light "torching" with blow lamp eased back with a touch of 320 sandpaper.  The final shine is a combination of Ultra-shine and shellawax.  The overall height is about 8".

Cheers
Paul
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:12:53 AM by Paul Jones »