Author Topic: VB36 lathe fault  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Kraftinwood

• iron
  • Robert Bishop
    • Kraftinwood
VB36 lathe fault
« on: September 26, 2016, 09:32:53 AM »
Hi my VB stopped and the red indicator on the control box came on. I switched off the supply,left a few minutes and turned on again, it was fine but each time I tried would stop again after a few minutes. I have the old type inverter so no help there with any information as to what is wrong.
 I urgently need to get this machine repaired and guess I need to replace the inverter so any help of the make type and a controls guy who could fit would be much appreciated.
mail: robert@kraftinwood.com Mob:07968740788   

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
Re: VB36 lathe fault
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:26:48 PM »
Robert,

Talk to Peter Hemsley at The Toolpost over in Didcot. He's the UK distributor. If he can't help  you then Roland Steinert in Germany will.

If it helps, back in 2006 Roger Buse fitted a VATECH 1.5km inverter to my VB. Wasn't an easy job but have had no trouble since.

You should also consider joining the VB36 Owners group on Yahoo which has the widest range of expertise on the Green Monster within its membership!

David
David
At The Cutting Edge

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
Re: VB36 lathe fault
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 05:18:41 PM »
Robert,
Hope Peter Hemsley has got back to you by now.

I found this in the VB36 Owners Group and it might help. It's an email from Ian McNicholl about fitting a new inverter and programming. Greg is Greg Jensen of Woodcraft - nice guy and a VB expert. Steinert, well you know who  they are plus of course we have Roland Steinert in the group.

"having done this with greg holding my hand (and some input from Teco) it is relatively easy
Teco is the brand chosen by steinhert (the new makers) so why not stick with that ?
the programming does not require external inputs from computer or other
it's just a matter of going through the settings and inputting the required numbers
from a checklist
(greg has all of those including some that teco recommended)

might be worth thinking about "
David
At The Cutting Edge