Author Topic: Hinged box lids.  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: Hinged box lids.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
Les,

You'll soon be doing mail order turning supplies as well!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
Perhaps international wheeling and dealing just isn't for me. The link that both Hodder and Mark gave me led to the same factory, which advertises these starting at $0.5, which would be a bargain, but when I asked for a quotation for 200 units, shipped FOB (which is just about the cheapest way to import this sort of stuff) I was quoted $3.0 each, so a product cost of $600 plus shipping, insurance etc etc. Unless the factory can do a lot better than that, I shan't be bothering.

Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 12:08:45 PM »
I think you'll find that the $0.5 price applies for quantities of 10k or more, which would be your typical distributor order size, possibly even more.

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 05:43:46 PM »
I think you'll find that the $0.5 price applies for quantities of 10k or more, which would be your typical distributor order size, possibly even more.
Not so, fuzzy....the factory tells me that despite showing one photograph as a sample, the price relates to a range of products of this sort. The cheapest, at $0.5, is minuscule and plain, just about everything else in the range is $3.0 per piece.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Ghodder

• iron
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 08:43:44 AM »
Hi sorry not been around a bit, I bought some other items through them but took some time to set up. When my order for some special bolts went through them it took about six weeks. My guess is they wait until they have enough bulk orders to put into production. I'd be interested in buying a few if we all put in garry