Author Topic: UKIWS - information being announced  (Read 7225 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: UKIWS - information being announced
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 09:03:46 PM »

Thanks Martin for your answer as I am unable to commit at the moment due to problems most shows and seminars do have a day when Joe public can visit I am not thinking of the Master Classes but visiting trade stands etc.
                                                                                                      Regards John
John Smith

Offline MSabanSmith

• iron
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »
Hi again John.
The show is open to the public on both days (as in, entry ticket holders can come each day). The separately ticketed Master Classes are taking place in a private area. There are also public demonstrations by each of the pros too, on the other day they are there.

You can see who is doing what and when, and a layout of the event here: http://www.ukiws.co.uk/timetable/

All the best,

Martin
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:31:49 PM by MSabanSmith »

WorldOfWoodcraft

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 07:28:56 PM »
I keep on seeing this popping up.
It looks like its going to be a fantastic event and a whole bunch of interesting and influential people seem to be if not going then backing it pretty hard.

From my point of view the symposium has the same or very similar goals to the AWGB being encouraging wood turners and people who are thinking about being wood turners as well as raising the profile of wood turning.

I couldn't be more excited about it..

Well I could If I could go to it.. but i think its likely to be a school night for me (or equivalent to). And its a bit far for me to hop skip and jump to.. But I hope it has as much of a success as possible in the hope that more things like it happen more often.

My fingers are crossed that being the organizers do youtube well that not only will they draw in a bigger crowd but also they will be able to document some of the awesome things that will be happening so that even though I cannot be there in person I can at least be their vicariously through the lense of a camera and editing software.

I have only watched the channels of two of the organizers and they seem like really good people.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »

I write this comment on this UK&IWS thread not wishing to be controversial I am looking forward to the event as I live reasonably close I would not be staying overnight.The cost of a one night Bed & Breakfast in the Hotel is £85.
 The point I wished to make was to those who think the AWGB seminar is expensive work it out for yourselves. I wish the organisers every success in this New Adventure.
                             Regards John
John Smith

Offline MSabanSmith

• iron
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 03:42:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

From our allocation of 50 rooms for each night of the event (Friday (for set-up), Saturday and Sunday), there are about 15 left for visitors to book. We couldn't have imagined such a take-up of rooms since we released the booking code on Friday 5th - the response has been brilliant!

If you are coming for the weekend and wish to book a room at the Hilton to enjoy an evening of merriment and turning-talk with the demonstrators, visitors and organisers, visit the website http://www.ukiws.co.uk tonight from 6:30pm when the discount code will be made available to the public. We have also provided a list of other hotels in the area if you would prefer to stay elsewhere.

All the best, and roll on June!

Martin