Author Topic: Worshipful Company of Turners Competition  (Read 3174 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Worshipful Company of Turners Competition
« on: September 03, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »
Hi All,
         just a reminder about the WCT competition. details on the front page. It would be nice to field a large set of entries from AWGB members, especially in the Fiona Wolff competition. 
     If anyone is stuck for ideas this is the place to ask for help and many of our professional turners will be at Yandles this weekend and I am sure they will be keen to help you out (with ideas, you have to make it yourself).
       For those of you wishing to raise your profile "entered in the Worshipful Company of Turners competition" written on the label may enhance the sales and your reputation.
 Oh ,and did I mention there is a cash prize too?
John

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
Re: Worshipful Company of Turners Competition
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:14:17 PM »
Thats a good competition but can I ask why particularly the Fiona Wolff section ?
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »
Graham, Fiona Woolf presented prizes at the Wizardry in wood exhibition as , then, an alderman of the City, she is now the Lord Mayor of the City of London and takes a great interest in the craft of woodturning. It would be nice to "give her something back" for her efforts and I think a large field of entries would be the way.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:37:39 PM »
I have been racking my brains on this one and think I have an idea but not sure. Really hard to think what to do though the obvious one for me I suppose is the section wanting goblets. Turning is the easy part, coming up with something different is the hard part.

pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:20:05 AM »
Graham, Fiona Woolf presented prizes at the Wizardry in wood exhibition as , then, an alderman of the City, she is now the Lord Mayor of the City of London and takes a great interest in the craft of woodturning. It would be nice to "give her something back" for her efforts and I think a large field of entries would be the way.
Ahh. Fair enough, nice thought.
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?