Author Topic: A few vases I've been working on - 1  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
A few vases I've been working on - 1
« on: May 31, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
Having been introduced to hollowing I decided to have a go at a few vases, (I'll build up to Hollow-forms and working through small holes!)

The Dark Blue one is Eucalyptus 170mm High - whatever Euc it is that grows here in the UK!

The Light Blue one is Flowering Cherry, 220mm High - The same blue but thinned with a lot of spirits, I was trying for a more Ice Blue effect, maybe next time!

The Multi-Coloured one is also Eucalyptus, 235mm High (SWMBO wanted it like this, I hate it; she loves it - discuss!)

Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
Re: A few vases I've been working on - 1
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 09:01:07 PM »
Hi

I love the effects of the colours on all three.  I'm not keen on the form of the blue one - but that's just personal taste. 

I'd be hard pushed to choose between the two eucalyptus ones though.

Cheers Dave

Andy Coates

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:21:22 PM »
Yep, 1 & 3 for me too. Anything that makes Eucalyptus look nothing like itself is always a winner!

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

SWMO maybe right has to the colours, that one is above the first one just, it;s down to placment, if anyone of them wrer turned a different way or you didn't see the knots, it could all change,  the cherry, like the idea, it maybe the neck is just to high and a little wide, scaled down it would work, then that's just me..

Nice work, well done.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''