Author Topic: Trio of platters  (Read 3234 times)

woody

Trio of platters
« on: November 28, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
I made these platters from an ash board two are 12" one 10" they all have an oil finish

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Trio of platters
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:38:39 PM »

Well Woody,  24hrs ... 34 hits and 19 views .. an this the first comment.

You came up with a really nice board of Ash, nice mix of grain and color, which had to be pleasure to unfold as the forms took shape, 3 of your finesse... will grace any table or display.

Are they functional and you used a food safe oil or not.

Cheers   David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

woody

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:53:38 PM »

Well Woody,  24hrs ... 34 hits and 19 views .. an this the first comment.

You came up with a really nice board of Ash, nice mix of grain and color, which had to be pleasure to unfold as the forms took shape, 3 of your finesse... will grace any table or display.

Are they functional and you used a food safe oil or not.

Cheers   David

Yes David they are fully functional with a good few coats of oil over two weeks heir's a few photo of my stall with everything laid out

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »

WOW Woody, now Vic, no wonder you'd been quiet with your posts on here ... you had been busy.

I do see from the young man' center .. you had a helper ..  ;) .. it looks like you'll have a good Christmas... then you've plans on it going to a good cause.

Cheers and do take care.

David

woody

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 08:19:50 AM »

WOW Woody, now Vic, no wonder you'd been quiet with your posts on here ... you had been busy.

I do see from the young man' center .. you had a helper ..  ;) .. it looks like you'll have a good Christmas... then you've plans on it going to a good cause.

Cheers and do take care.

David

The young helper is one of my grandsons in fact the youngest of 19 and they have all had a go no wonder I went grey LOL

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 09:32:29 AM »

Cheers and do take care.

David

The young helper is one of my grandsons in fact the youngest of 19 and they have all had a go no wonder I went grey LOL

Vic, Grey is the beauty of older men ... as strength is the young man ... be strong.

David

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
Could you post a WIP on the giraffe Woody? Love to see how you turn that LOL. Rest of the work looks good as well

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

woody

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »
Could you post a WIP on the giraffe Woody? Love to see how you turn that LOL. Rest of the work looks good as well

Pete

Lol The Giraffe belongs to the garden centre Pete a woman did ask me if I could make her one I didn't have to answer her the look on my face was enough but we did have a good laugh

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »
Hi Woody,

Nice platters, always good to see the grain run through them as a set.

I did the same a long time ago (posted one to the forum). Always hoped they would sell as a set, no such luck and it was the middle one that sold first as well. Never mind.

Trust yours don't hang around too long.

Oh, btw, good to see you in the photo, you are looking very well,good to see.

Bryan.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!