Author Topic: Metamorphosis  (Read 4214 times)

Francesco Dibari

Metamorphosis
« on: June 23, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
zebrano wood, the idea was born about two years ago with the design, but I was not able to develop it, can be seen in many ways, the head of an alien animal that breathes through gills and attacks the old material, a bird of prey taking flight, I was looking for is a movement made ​​up of shapes and colors, the combination of natural vein of the wood and the hand of man that values ​​matter
sorry for my bad english  :-[
comments and suggestions very welcome
thanks to all  :)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:18:25 PM by Francesco Dibari »

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Metamorphosis
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »
Francesco...this is going to be a piece that sets the standard...it is absolutely stunning and undeniably unique. For it to have been 2 years in its conception is time well spent; it is a truly remarkable piece of work. Zebrano can be a rather 'loud' timber, but in this piece it finds its perfect host.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Les

p.s. ... don't worry about your English...you got your point across perfectly well!
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Roderick Evans

• bronze
  • roderickevanswoodturning.blogspot.com
    • Roderick Evans Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »
WOW!!!
A fine example of artistry in wood . One of the best I've ever seen on the forum.
Beautiful as a display item ,but also practical .
Congratulations on creating a masterpiece!

Regards
Roderick
To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Francesco Dibari

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:07:19 AM »
many thanks to all ..  :)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 02:48:27 PM »

Hi Francesco,

It has not only been the 2 yrs of though or your being able to develop it, that has gone into this piece, but the layout to how best the grain orientation runs to make this piece so stunning, it truly transcends all the elements.

Well done and thank you for sharing.

David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Clavico

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 02:51:13 PM »
Hello Francesco,

really unique and super carving!  Zebrano seems to be the perfect choice of wood for your theme!

Best,

Robert

Francesco Dibari

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »

Hi Francesco,

It has not only been the 2 yrs of though or your being able to develop it, that has gone into this piece, but the layout to how best the grain orientation runs to make this piece so stunning, it truly transcends all the elements.

Well done and thank you for sharing.

David

share is a pleasure thanks for the comments  :)

Francesco Dibari

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
Hello Francesco,

really unique and super carving!  Zebrano seems to be the perfect choice of wood for your theme!

Best,

Robert

thanks a lot Clavico ..  :)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »
Francesco, not quite as unnerving to look at as your work 'Life', but it certainly has a 'feeling' to it. Your description 'the head of an alien animal that breathes through gills and attacks the old material, a bird of prey taking flight' sum's it up for me.

Just imagining the work involved in creating such a piece is inspiring, I can't even begin to think how you've created the 'gill' carvings'.

Thanks for sharing.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Francesco Dibari

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
Francesco, not quite as unnerving to look at as your work 'Life', but it certainly has a 'feeling' to it. Your description 'the head of an alien animal that breathes through gills and attacks the old material, a bird of prey taking flight' sum's it up for me.

Just imagining the work involved in creating such a piece is inspiring, I can't even begin to think how you've created the 'gill' carvings'.

Thanks for sharing.

many thanks you are right, the concept is still close to Mother Nature, "Life" symbolized the birth, however this change, the new that incorporates the old to renew the natural cycle of life  :) ..