Author Topic: Snow  (Read 5786 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Snow
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »

Steady little snow fall in Cannock, South Staffordshire at the moment...  how is the weather elsewhere in the Country ...   ??? ..

Stay warm and safe should you need to travel.

Cheers    David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

woody

Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:13:59 PM »
Bin sunbathing all day well in my dreams actually its not to bad here had some snow for a few days but it soon disappeared but it has been a bit cold

ru55ell1

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »
Dusting of white stuff in Bolton, lets hope it buggers orf !!!

arcos

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »
No snow here  ;)

It's been quite nice today, mild, slight damp drizzle but not too bad! Temperature about 14 degrees and about the same at night!

There is some snow that I can see up in the mountains but thats expected at 2000m... If there is no snow then the snow machines kick in for the ski resort!

Ha, you didn't specify a country for the weather report!  ;D

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 07:44:55 AM »
Nothing as of last evening while I was on my way back from the Turning Club night, but this morning, 2" and falling quite steadily.  But as I am the opposite side of the Severn Estuary and Southern Wales is expecting 8" - 12" on high ground, I think it could get deeper even though we are only on the edge of the area.

They say it's going to spread NE from me, so you guys take it easy and be careful.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Doug Barratt

• bronze
  • Living the dream
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »
Damn snow, I was supposed to fetch a new toy, "Ahem" machine today   ;D, but a 200 mile round trip isn`t the best idea when there`s snow on the ground & more forecast  :'(

At least I`ve a day off to play in the workshop  :D

Offline John

• bronze
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 09:46:21 AM »
No snow here in Essex near Southend, Just going into the workshop to put the heater on to warm up ready for my new student this afternoon.
John
John English

Offline malcy

• gold
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
Snow here in Swansea, South Wales, but very slushy now at 10.30. Still snowing off and on, but I'm right close to the sea here and I know its a lot worse in land. Staying at home and in the workshop in the warm. Stay safe.

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »
I've lived here on the Norfolk coast for half a lifetime but I'm still mesmerised by the patterns on the beach made by wind-whipped snow over the roughed up sand with the surf crashing to one side and marram grass wispering to the other....magical!
 Walking down to see it though....now that's a rather different experience.
Brian

Offline BOB A JOB

• copper
  • ONE DESERVES ANOTHER.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 11:41:14 AM »
B cold here in Margate :o,very cold wind no snow yet but some expected later today, wish my workshop had an efficent heater, only got a fan heater and am about concerned about dust particles etc on the element .

Should get a wood burning stove for all the mistakes I'm making ! Still I'll get the hang of it eventually ?  :-[
Regards to all,
Bob.   :)
ONE DESERVES ANOTHER.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »

I setout about an hour ago taking these picture .. time I've taken to get down loaded and edit..   :-[ ...  and it's still snowing..
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
5" here in wiltshire, trouble with working from home you don't have any excuses not to get to work! As regards heating, my shed is warmer now than it has been so far this year so I'm quite happy.
regards
John BHT

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »
So far we have around 6" here in the Forest of Dean. More snow to come according to the forecast!
No post either - they local depot sent all the posties home so that's another bonus - no membership applications to process!  ;D

woody

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:58:55 PM »
It has just started to snow here in Newark

Offline ken rodgers

• bronze
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »
Here on the north Suffolk coast we have about 2-3 inches with more forecasted to come  >:(