Every Seminar we select between 50 and 60 pieces to take around the UK as part of our travelling exhibition. We keep the pieces for two years and in the past they have been returned in August before the Seminar. The current pieces go back in 2017 and as the next Seminar is 2018 we need to replenish the exhibition.
We are holding a competition. It is open to any woodturner in the UK whether they are AWGB members or not. There isn’t a theme – we just want you to send us some photos of your best pieces of work from which we will make a selection of the best 60 pieces. We will arrange with you for these pieces to be sent to Woodworks at Daventry where Ray Key and Reg Hawthorne will judge the top three and we will award prizes for 1st of £175, 2nd of £150 and 3rd of £125.
The rules are simple:
- You may enter up to three pieces
- You must submit three high quality images per entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images may be sent on multiple emails if necessary; each email will be acknowledged.
- Images must be submitted no later than Friday 10 March.
- The images must show side view, top view and underneath view (or an “interesting angle”).
- At least one of the images must contain a ruler so we can judge the size of the piece.
- Your email should describe the piece including details of the timber used in no more than 50 words.
- You must agree that if chosen, we can retain the piece(s) until October 2018.
- You must indicate whether you are prepared to sell the piece.
- You must provide a sale price even if it isn’t for sale for insurance purposes. We insure the pieces for 60% of their sale value.
- If we sell one of your pieces we take 10% commission plus VAT.
We’ll discuss packaging etc. with you if your piece is selected.
That’s all, get making! We’re looking forward to seeing your entries.