Author Topic: I cut up an old Cherry log  (Read 2696 times)

woody

I cut up an old Cherry log
« on: November 21, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
I had a 14" wide dome to 6" wide at the other end X 24" long cherry log that I have cut up at last it is the last one of a tree that I was given some 10 years ago here are two bits of it one is a 12" x 6" sliced beef server and the other as you can see a 8" x 3" bowl had a big split in it as you can see and it only just disappeared on across bottom from one side to the other both natural edge with no bark

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: I cut up an old Cherry log
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:14:52 PM »
t I was given some 10 years ago

Nah, the rate you turn stuff out there is no way you'd still have a lump that big 10 years?

Lovely colour for cherry and the grain works well - especially in the front of the last photo. Did you handle the splits in your normal fashion?

Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

woody

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:11:16 PM »
t I was given some 10 years ago

Nah, the rate you turn stuff out there is no way you'd still have a lump that big 10 years?

Lovely colour for cherry and the grain works well - especially in the front of the last photo. Did you handle the splits in your normal fashion?

Lol honest I did have it that long LOL it was touch and go with the split I kept well out of the line of fire it run out on the last cut and yes I did deal with it in the usual manner

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 12:16:29 AM »

Well Woody, yet again ...  beautiful figure to the bowl, timely save for it and with the age too ...   :D ...

Can't say as to the bottom of the banana boat being flat, nout will roll to the middle, still a lovely piece.

Well done,

David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''