Author Topic: Training Workshop (Mark Hancock)  (Read 5137 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Training Workshop (Mark Hancock)
« on: March 06, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Hi I have managed to loan a laptop for an hour I should have my own back tomorrow.Yesterday I spent the day on a Members Training Work Shop with Mark Hancock Hollow Form Techniques & Design.What a wonderful day,Mark's relaxed teaching method was spot on.The other Members on the Worksop were,Mick Jarrett, Andrew James& Bryan Newman,I would also like to thank our Regional Representative Peter Carless for looking after us and his dedication to making the workshop a success.Thank you also to the AWGB for setting up and Funding these Workshops.Regards John   
John Smith

Andy Coates

Re: Training Workshop (Mark Hancock)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »
Glad you had a good day, John. I'll wait for the pics to come out.

Offline Philip Greenwood

• bronze
  • Professional Woodturner. North Yorkshire
    • Woodturning into Art
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »
Training is a good service provided by the AWGB. I know a lot of turners who would love to advance into new techniques and this service provides them.

All of us can learn from other turners no matter what level you may be at, i know i am still learning new techniques after 30+ years, the day i say i have no more to learn is the day i walk away from the lathe.

Philip

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
Well as promised here are a couple of photos of the finished Hollow Form,as there was not enough time to finish this at Marks workshop I had to complete this at home.This was a wonderful day as I said previously and thank you to the AWGB and Mark for sponsoring these workshops.I have sent a donation to the Development Fund.Regards John
John Smith

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:19:18 PM »
Sorry it looks like I put the cart before the horse I should have posted this first.John
John Smith

Andy Coates

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
I have moved this topic here at the request of the author.

Andy

Offline Mark Hancock

• bronze
    • Mark Hancock
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
Great to see you finished the piece and glad you enjoyed the day John.

Mark