Author Topic: Robinia bowl  (Read 3270 times)

woody

Robinia bowl
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
I sold 4 bowls this morning so I had to restock the shelf  8" x 3 1/2" Robinia bowl with a polish finish and a spalted beech 12" x 2" with a Teak oil finish

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: Robinia bowl
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
Hello Woody, I like your Bowls I like the Form and finish I particularly like the Robinia ones the grain is lovely I have used some Robinia on small pieces
this came out of one of our Club members garden.Regards John   
John Smith

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:39 AM »
Like all turners I like spalting but I've been noticing your bowl rims more, I do like the way you change the angle and give a bowl a whole new perspective.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

woody

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:56 AM »
Hello Woody, I like your Bowls I like the Form and finish I particularly like the Robinia ones the grain is lovely I have used some Robinia on small pieces
this came out of one of our Club members garden.Regards John   
Hi John the Robinia tree is the one you see on nature programs in Africa were the leopards lay on the branches up them to rest and to escape from lions  it is also known as  False Acacia,

woody

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
Like all turners I like spalting but I've been noticing your bowl rims more, I do like the way you change the angle and give a bowl a whole new perspective.
Yes I to love spalted woods thank you for your interest in the rim of some of my bowls I first started doing that about 10 years ago as you say it adds a new dimension and can be adjusted to fit in with all manner of bowls   

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »

Woody, 2 stunning forms an finishes, I wish I still had a stock of spalted beech, it's so beautiful and vyvsdad your's should come up the same.

Well done. 

David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''