Author Topic: Don't get rattled  (Read 3018 times)

woody

Don't get rattled
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
The nurse who is trying to help me get my breathing sorted out is having a baby so I promised her some baby rattles here they are. Apparently the captivated ring design dates back over 2,000 years back to the Celts made with Hilly no finish just buffed up on a cotton wheel and I really enjoyed doing them something simple yet they will bring so much pleasure well I hope they do Its nice to be able to give a little bit back

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Don't get rattled
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »

:) ..    ;D ...  :D ....  :'( ...  Beautiful work ..  if they are Hilly ..  Holly it raises a question are they safe should the baby chew them, or are they display gifts..

Cheers  David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

woody

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
I have researched Holly and there is no mention of the wood being harmful only the berry's but thanks for warning me that there may be a need for concern

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »

Hi Woody, I know it came up in the past about Holly, someone an I thought it was on here asked the question or had wondered on the contact with wood or sap.

There may not be a need for concern, as Holly with used for Lace Bobbins and for sure lots of Ladies have taken to lick their finger with no harm..

Cheers David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »
I like the look of these and I'm very sure the Nurse will be pleased to receive them. You never know they might become future heirlooms to her family.

Very nicely turned.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!