Author Topic: Just a little play  (Read 2840 times)

woody

Just a little play
« on: July 30, 2012, 02:53:18 PM »
Nothing special nor any grand designs just a practical shoe horn in Oak for the wife poor ol love mind you I think I could do with one at times LOL and a little natural edge Laburnum vase 6" x 7" which will change colour in time to a rich brown I just fancied a few hours on the lathe to play and amuse myself and enjoy my hobby any comments welcome
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:19:33 PM by woody »

thebowlerhattedturner

Re: Just a little play
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:16:18 PM »
Hello Woody,
                  you have obviously captured the true spirit of woodturning, "if it ain't fun don't do it". As you said, nothing special but nice all the same and if you had fun doing it and will get the enjoyment of seeing it change colour and maybe shape then it was worth while doing. I think times like that just playing can help us learn an awful lot about turning (and possibly ourselves but that is a bit deep for this time of the day).
Well done and here's to your next fun day!
regards
John BHT

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »

Woody,  this is special pieces as they were done with such fun, lovely finish, would be nice to see them again once the colour has changed.

Should the 'ol love' read your comment you could be on the run ....   ;D ..

I'd tried for a few hours yesterday .... but something else happened.

Cheers         David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
Woody,

the outer bark covering of the Laburnum is a waxy covering that peals away if left. Have you done anything to hold this on or are you going to let nature do as it will?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

woody

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
Woody,

the outer bark covering of the Laburnum is a waxy covering that peals away if left. Have you done anything to hold this on or are you going to let nature do as it will?

Hi dr4g0nfly yes I have applier some thin supper glue but if it dose come away that wont hurt as you say let nature do as it will I really don't mind
But thank you for your concern
Regards Woody