Author Topic: First Proper Lathe - Vicmarc, Stratos ?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
Re: First Proper Lathe - Vicmarc, Stratos ?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2023, 09:09:48 AM »
Referencing Bills picture above I avoided parting with too much hard- earned by having 3 heavy steel tubes welded into a free standing tool rest. The only swing restriction with this arrangement is the building itself. My aging bones now avoid such heavyweight work so If anyone would like to make me an offer for it I'm situated on Norfolks East Coast.
Brian

Best put a photo up so people can see what it is .

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2023, 11:29:46 PM »
Referencing Bills picture above I avoided parting with too much hard- earned by having 3 heavy steel tubes welded into a free standing tool rest. The only swing restriction with this arrangement is the building itself. My aging bones now avoid such heavyweight work so If anyone would like to make me an offer for it I'm situated on Norfolks East Coast.
Brian

I’ve seen pictures of cast iron versions of these that were available in years gone by. No doubt a good option if you have solid floor. 😉

Edit: I see modern versions are available from some vendors.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 11:37:28 PM by Bill21 »

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2023, 12:13:20 PM »
Yes, mines like that but based on a tripod of steel tubes. Yet to discover the black art of adding pictures.....
Brian

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2023, 05:02:04 PM »
Yes, mines like that but based on a tripod of steel tubes. Yet to discover the black art of adding pictures.....
Brian

This website, like some others can be a bit picky about images sometimes. The best way round it is perhaps a free hosting site. I use this one and normally choose to resize to 640 x 480. The rest should be self explained but if you need any assistance shout out.

https://postimages.org/