Author Topic: Nova Chuck  (Read 716 times)

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Nova Chuck
« on: December 21, 2022, 04:22:42 PM »
I recently bought a Nova PRO-TEK Supernova2 companion Chuck. I was somewhat surprised that the Chuck Jaws (Not the Top Accessory Jaws) were not numbered like many others on the market. I queried this with the manufacturers as replacing the Jaws in the correct order after maintenance etc could be somewhat problematic without them. They replied that the numbers are underneath! I then checked a few pictures of the chuck online and some pictures clearly show numbered Jaws whilst others don’t. I don’t particularly want to take the chuck apart at this stage so I’ll have to take their word for it that the numbers are underneath somewhere.
I may report back sometime in the future to confirm/deny this in case it’s of help to others.
Attached are a couple of conflicting pictures Fron the net.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Re: Nova Chuck
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 04:38:54 PM »
Update: I’ve found another picture online from a German website and if you look closely the Jaws appear to be numbered with dots. The bottom left having four and the bottom right having one.  ;)
Number “one” Jaw seems to have the stop screw that prevents the Jaws coming out in normal use.