Author Topic: Versachuck Register?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Versachuck Register?
« on: September 16, 2022, 01:48:11 PM »
I’m thinking of buying a Versachuck but would like to use it on all my lathes including my small Metalworking Lathe. Do any of you know if the Versachuck has a recess (register) like many chucks and what size this recess may be? My other chucks have a 72mm register which is very common on 4” -100mm chucks. TIA.

Offline lumsdep

• iron
Re: Versachuck Register?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:42:00 PM »
Versachucks have an ISO standard backplate fixings method, which is the same as Axminster Super precision chucks and I believe also Pratt Burnerd.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 03:02:24 PM »
Versachucks have an ISO standard backplate fixings method, which is the same as Axminster Super precision chucks and I believe also Pratt Burnerd.

Yes, I’ve read that. Any idea what size the register and bolt circle is though?

Offline lumsdep

• iron
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 03:11:52 PM »
I have two, but backplates are very difficult to take off.

Can't you email Beaufort Inks, as they get the backplates made, so should know all the dimensions.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2022, 03:30:27 PM »
Yes I’ve messaged them. No reply yet. Looking at some other suppliers the bolt circle diameter for 100mm chucks can be 83mm, 84mm or 85mm so I’m not hopeful. It will be doable one way or the other but I was hoping for something quick and easy!

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 11:03:57 AM »
Sadly they didn’t understand the question but I eventually found this in case it’s of help to anyone else.