Author Topic: Open segmented candlesticks  (Read 1693 times)

Offline malcy

• gold
Open segmented candlesticks
« on: July 19, 2022, 06:49:54 PM »
A pair of open segmented candlesticks made from Purple Heart and holly. They are about 250mm high (10 inches) and 60mm diameter near the top

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: Open segmented candlesticks
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 08:24:51 PM »
Malcy personally I do not like open segmented work. However I can appreciate the work that has gone into these pieces and it looks as if your work is of a very good quality. So well done you.

Offline jonas

• iron
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 12:53:30 AM »
Quality work Malcy. Unlike the B.H.T. I love open segment work & have done quite a lot myself in the past including a couple of pairs of candle sticks the same as yours so I know how much work is involved.
The only thing I would add, is it would have been nice to make reference to the original designer.
Keep up the good work

Jonas. 

Offline malcy

• gold
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 04:24:08 PM »
Hi Jonas. I did not know there was an original designer or I would have referenced that. As a matter of interest who was it? These I did to my own design and sizing. If similar had been done before that May have been in the back of my mind. Thanks for the comments.

Offline jonas

• iron
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 12:34:43 AM »
Hi Malcy. I made my candlesticks after seeing them in a book called SEGMENTED TURNING A PRACTICAL GUIDE by Dennis Keeling The book contains a number of unusual projects by Dennis & all described in great detail & well illustrated. So I had lots of help to make my first ones. Because of the similarity to your     design, I incorrectly assumed that you had the same publication. 

Jonas