Author Topic: Nova DVR 3000 fault  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Woodworm

• iron
Re: Nova DVR 3000 fault
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2022, 05:16:31 PM »
Thanks Colin, Teknatool have now replied through Paul Richmond at Turners Retreat. They advised me to upgrade the boards at a cost of approx. £500, phew!), but did send some info in the form of a PDF which Paul very kindly forwarded to me. The PDF contained a lot of technical info on checking the functionality of the main board, just got to find someone who is savvy enough to understand them!  :-\

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2022, 10:39:33 PM »
From the description of the fault, the likely culprits are either a dry joint on the circuit board or a failing electrolytic capacitor - they tend to dry out or burst when the get old or are subjected to a hot environment. It would probably be cheaper to get someone to replace any suspect capacitors on the board, check it for dry joints and try that before taking the plunge and  buying a new one.

Offline Woodworm

• iron
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2022, 10:33:22 AM »
Thanks Paul, I'll check that out.
Merv :)

Offline me9001

• iron
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2022, 04:19:38 PM »
have just brought a nova saturn 2nd hand, 2 weeks later i get this rps error 1 so i have hovered blown out and cleaned the insides of this machine moved all boards plugs and cleaned all contacts on optical sensor. and super worried bout them just saying buy a new board @ £500 can you post up the files teknatool sent you for checking the main board i tried to do a rps sensor test which is sposed to tell you the state of the optical sensor but  as soon as i turn my spindle i get the rsp error and was wondering if its the same test as teknatool send you instructions for ?.

Offline julcle

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2023, 10:06:27 AM »
Good Morning woodworm. I wonder if you could forward Paul's info PDF to me as we have a DVR 3000 at the club that has developed the same fault. we won't be buying a new board for it but I may be able to repair it if there was some technical information on it's workings. Otherwise it will go for scrap.
Many Thanks please PM me -  Julian
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian