Author Topic: Wading Birds  (Read 873 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Wading Birds
« on: January 01, 2023, 02:22:58 PM »

This is not really a new Topic: on April 14th 2011 I posted a photograph of a piece I made from a Project in the Magazine "The  Woodturner" which was in Vol 1 issue 3 September 1997 Project was called "Wading  Birds" I wish to make another one but I have not been able to find the copy of the Magazine which had the plans in This is a long shot is there anyone who can help me with this.
                 Kindest Regards and a HAPPY NEW YEAR John Smith
John Smith

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Wading Birds
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:44:03 PM »
Happy New Year John, Sorry I can't help with the magazine, but looking at the picture I think it is a fairly simple turn if you have the original to measure all the better but even without it you could probably guess the sizes and remake sections if the proportions don't look right when assembled.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 03:03:28 PM »

Thank you TT I think the magazine is still published in conjunction with another woodworking magazine if I can find out who the publishers are I will try them.
                                          Regards John
John Smith

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 04:34:51 PM »
The Woodturner mag is long defunct. I know because it went to the wall owing me a little wonga. The title will probably still be valid ....often incorporated into another but the new owners are unlikely to be interested in its previous incarnation(s).
I would also suggest there is enough info within your pic to make a prototype before then using the experience gained to make the finished article. Are you up for a new challenge for a new year?
All the best with it
Brian

Offline cpw01

• iron
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023, 05:23:16 PM »
Hi John
I have a copy of the Sept 1997 Woodturner with the article.
I will try and scan it for you.
Colin

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023, 07:38:24 PM »

Hi Colin,
              Thank you for that it is amazing how members of the forum seem to be able to come up with the answers to most problems I do not know why more members don't use it I do hope you manage to scan it ok.

Regards John
John Smith

Offline cpw01

• iron
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 09:40:17 AM »
Hi John

I have managed to scan a readable copy as a PDF.

Regards
Colin

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2023, 10:53:16 AM »

Good Morning Colin,
                              Thank you very much for the Copy (PDF) of the pages of this Project from the Magazine it is so kind of you to go to all the trouble in doing this for me that is what is good about the woodturning fraternity they are always willing to help one another I will post a picture when I have completed the project it may take me a little time as I will be doing it in stages.
 Also the link to the PDF is here if any one else wants to have a go

Once again Thank You.  Regards John Smith
John Smith

Offline Bourbon25

• iron
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2023, 08:50:41 PM »
PDF link not showing I'm afraid
Always have a plan 'B'

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2023, 09:19:31 PM »

Have a look at Colin's Last posting prior to my answer marked with a paper Clip PDF ( 13 people have Downloaded the PDF)

Regards John
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:21:14 PM by John D Smith »
John Smith