Author Topic: 3M TRIZACT Abrasive Belts  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Bill21

• platinum
3M TRIZACT Abrasive Belts
« on: March 20, 2022, 02:23:22 PM »
Anyone tried these on their Ultimate Edge or ProEdge machine? The claim is 5 times longer lasting but at three times the price!?

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: 3M TRIZACT Abrasive Belts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 02:48:19 PM »
More for bench tools than turning tools too fine a grit. but I have some that came with the Proedge which are still good I think 4 maybe 5 years on.

TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »
More for bench tools than turning tools too fine a grit. but I have some that came with the Proedge which are still good I think 4 maybe 5 years on.

Good point. The 600 grit looks pretty aggressive though and there is mention that the grades don’t corespondent to other abrasives? I asked because they mentioned turning tools:

“ A Trizact structured belt is different to other abrasive belts. Being arranged in an open form the abrasive allows for a rapid cut, with greater resistance to clogging which in turn means much less friction creating a cooler cut and extended belt life. These new belts are also suitable for sharpening high speed steel turning tools and carbon steel edge and carving tools.”

Offline julcle

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 01:19:39 PM »
I use the Trizact belt on the ProEdge for my skews and others if I need an extra sharp edge, they work very well and you can see the tools beginning to polish up when used.
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian