Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Bourbon25

• iron
Hello all
« on: December 28, 2021, 09:58:03 PM »
Hi, I'm from the Midlands in the UK, My lathe is a Clarke CWL 1000, I've made a few things on it and I'm improving It as I go along, (homemade tailstock chuck etc) I am interested in Medieval re-enactment and have a fully equipped workshop with mostly woodworking tools but also an engineering lathe and a few welders. Hope to be able to contribute to the forum in some small way. 
Always have a plan 'B'

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 11:32:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Not sure what Castle it was but I went to a reenactment at one some years ago and it was very entertaining.

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 12:51:39 AM »
Welcome to the dark side ;)

If you haven't already done so, take a look at the AWGB website where you can find a map of clubs in your area. Here's a link in case you can't find it https://www.awgb.co.uk/club-map/

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 04:58:56 AM »
Hello and welcome
Looks like you are fully kitted out with all your equipment
When you say the Midlands , That's a huge area , What town are you in ?
You can post photos on the site of items you have made
Keep safe and have fun  :)

Offline Bourbon25

• iron
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 10:27:32 AM »
I will post pictures soon. A Cryptic Clue. I live about a mile from where the Staffordshire hoard was found. Google will get you there.
Always have a plan 'B'

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 11:27:01 AM »
Welcome, I have made quite a few things for a Viking re-enactment group, currently waiting for one of them who has promised me an axe head to make a curved handle for.  I mostly do turning my workshop isn't big enough for a lot of flat work. I won't have metal work except maybe a bit of brass anywhere near my workshop (to messy)
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Bourbon25

• iron
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 01:30:08 PM »
I have a reputation as a ' Mr Fixit' and as such, That is why I have a wide variety of equipment. If I need a tool to do a job, Then I am in a position to make or modify something.
Always have a plan 'B'

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 11:12:16 AM »
I do both metalwork and wood turning. It’s handy being able to make your own tools and jigs etc.