Author Topic: Post locked ??!!  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
Post locked ??!!
« on: September 07, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
Re the woodfast lathe at £900

I contacted the seller who was more then happy for me to go as see the lathe running and have a go prior to collection

So NO its not a scam

Also it would be nice to know why my theread was locked and by who ?

I did the post hoping it would be helpfull to a AWGB member wanting a decent lathe at a fair price , Looks like I am waisting my time trying to help members  ???

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Post locked ??!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 10:41:35 AM »
As far as Iam aware the ony ones who can lock a post are the moderaters. Just had a quick look and can'r see why it would be locked, nothing particularly  offensive or agressive in it.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 10:48:23 AM »
As the admin I locked the post as some of the comments were getting out of hand.

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 01:51:00 PM »
As the admin I locked the post as some of the comments were getting out of hand.

I would like to suggest you jumped the gun somewhat , No time for me to justify my post as not being a scam , Just locked No reason given on the post , No PM , no nothing , Just lock it
Disappointing

I will need to think long and hard if it is worth pointing othe what I think are bargains , As said I t looks like I am waisting my time

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 02:17:32 PM »
Have to agree with Woodspinner on this. No reason to lock it. As a moderator you could simply have suggested people calm down a bit first though to be honest I fail to see what you saw as 'getting out of hand' seen a lot worse on here over the years. Online communication often gets read in ways that weren't intended by the poster. To arbitarily lock a post in this way is not what you are a mderator for IMHO. Sorry of you disagree or think I am also getting out of hand but grownups should be able to express themselves openy and honestly without having someone passing judgemwnt on them and what they post. If it is a personal attack, swearing etc then the poster should be contacted by PM and asked to retract before simply locking the post.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »
As with any moderator action on here, it is a judgement call based on what is available at the time. Locking a post while further checks are made doesn't seem unreasonable given the circumstances.

Also worth pointing out is that all forum users have signed up to the user agreement, which says "Please note that the decision(s) of the moderating team are final and not open to debate on the finer points of interpretation of the terms."

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 03:24:10 PM »
As with any moderator action on here, it is a judgement call based on what is available at the time. Locking a post while further checks are made doesn't seem unreasonable given the circumstances.

Also worth pointing out is that all forum users have signed up to the user agreement, which says "Please note that the decision(s) of the moderating team are final and not open to debate on the finer points of interpretation of the terms."

I don't agree with this for the reason that has just happened to me , I am 4 days into retirement and did say to you Paul that I could make myself available to the AWGB for AWGB unpaid work , But not now so please strike me off , Ban me  whatever , I can survive without the AWGB

Offline andy44

• Andy
  • gold
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 06:31:28 PM »
I can't see anything wrong with the original post either, no wonder there is very little activity on this forum anymore. If you can't have a reasonable discussion on here, then not much point of the forum being here. Seems to me admins like the sound of their own voice and a little bit of power too much.
I wonder when this post will get locked now
Like you Woodspinner I can certainly manage without the AWGB
regards
Andy

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 09:19:37 PM »

Come on Guys calm down and stop being very petty the AWGB do hundreds of good things and they are all Volunteers and put a lot of time in if you look back at the earlier posts you will see I was the one who reported this to the Moderator this was done in good faith we all have to make decisions in life some times we may get it wrong ok it seems some have taken this personal jus stop throwing your toys out of the pram sleep on it and tomorrow you may have a different view.

Regards to everyone John
John Smith