Author Topic: Record Power Chuck Jaw Alignment?  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Re: Record Power Chuck Jaw Alignment?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 04:41:18 PM »
They’ve just got back to me. Sounds like they’re going to send some replacements out once they’ve had chance to check them.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 02:18:09 PM »
Quick update. After a little discussion some replacement jaws were sent to me and they are a much better fit.

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »
I'm glad you got the problem sorted out but it does beg the question as to (a) why the original defective jaws were sent out and (b) is there an issue with QC at Record Power. I had an issue with a Record Power grinder which was evident the first time I used it. It was returned for a replacement, which was all well and good, but it left me wondering. Record Power do have good guarantees and seemingly good after sales service, but I'd rather they did a good job BEFORE the send an item out to the customer. Just my tuppence worth based on my experience . . . .

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 06:23:26 PM »
I'm glad you got the problem sorted out but it does beg the question as to (a) why the original defective jaws were sent out and (b) is there an issue with QC at Record Power. I had an issue with a Record Power grinder which was evident the first time I used it. It was returned for a replacement, which was all well and good, but it left me wondering. Record Power do have good guarantees and seemingly good after sales service, but I'd rather they did a good job BEFORE the send an item out to the customer. Just my tuppence worth based on my experience . . . .

Like many other "manufacturers" in the world these days Record power outsources a lot of work probably only count the cases between shipping container and shop.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)