Author Topic: Pear & Lemon  (Read 1290 times)

Offline willstewart

• gold
Pear & Lemon
« on: April 05, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »
An Easter experiment!  A conventional pear and a halved lemon.  The latter made from pine segments with white tulipwood veneer separators, mounted in two boxwood exteriors.  There are unfilled grooves in the veneer 'pith' wrap that did not perfectly fill with lime wax - I will experiment here.  It is hard to tighten the wrap enough, though cable ties are useful as ever.  The boxwood is from a tree once in the garden and has imperfections though I am not sure this matters.  The pear is tulipwood (a greenish piece)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Pear & Lemon
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 06:42:51 PM »
Some people just have too much time on their hands LOL. Very clever and effective but don't think I will be trying this. I have done apples with maggots and wasps, with chunks bitten out but draw the line at this. Looks too much like segmented work which is beyond my patience level.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 07:39:08 PM »
Very clever and nicely done!  ;)

Offline willstewart

• gold
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 08:42:22 AM »
 bodrighywood - sounds a good idea! where do you find maggots & wasps!? Or do you make them?  I did make a part-peeled apple once from green wood which peeled fairly well - but the result was rather fragile.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »
You can see some of each here if you open it right up. Just drill appropriate sized holes and make the wasps tails and the maggots to fit into them.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline willstewart

• gold
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 08:55:48 AM »
Lovely! (to look at!)

Offline willstewart

• gold
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
better filled