Author Topic: Demonstrators  (Read 855 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Demonstrators
« on: September 29, 2022, 10:12:03 PM »
Hi All,
        we are looking for turners that can give a good demonstration to our club in Trowbridge. Preferably within driving distance so that we do not have to pay hotel fees. Please let me know either through this forum or via email ...johnbaitken@hotmail.co.uk.
We meet the second Thursday of each month from 7 to 9(ish) pm. Demonstrators from nearby clubs would also be welcome.
Many thanks

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
Re: Demonstrators
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 12:25:03 PM »
John,

I think all clubs are now in the same boat, Cheam certainly has this issue as well.

I decided to email all Chairman in the SE Region and see if we could get some new names or volunteers from their own clubs. I have to say we received a reasonable response, resulting in a couple of professionals new to us and some other club's members volunteering to visit us.

We are  just waiting for the Pole Lathe turners to come back to us and we have a reasonable program for 2023.

I can suggest Colin Simpson, who I think is just over the Devon border. Might be too far for travelling but worth a try. Colin used to be one of our members and also Editor of Woodturning. He does a good demo.

David
David
At The Cutting Edge

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 11:28:59 PM »
I take it you have taken a look at https://www.awgb.co.uk/demonstrators/
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 07:28:17 PM »
Thanks for your replies.