Author Topic: Drilling in Stevenage  (Read 2574 times)

Offline BrianH

• gold
Drilling in Stevenage
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
Wondering if anyone in or around Stevenage might be able to offer me a little help?
I have already made and delivered a large(ish) hollow form to my sister but a modification has become necassary, which calls for a reasonably accurate forstner hole drilled through the bottom of the piece. If anyone in that area has a drill press, large enough to accomodate the form (about 24") and would be willing to host me for the few minutes it would take to drill it would save me either drilling by hand (and risking squareness) or bringing the piece back here to Norfolk. I would of course bring the drill bits etc required and am happy to reimburse the electricity costs etc.
Thanks in advance
Brian

Andy Coates

Re: Drilling in Stevenage
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Hello Brian,

you could email the sec of the nearest club and ask the same question. Details on the branches page of the main site.

good luck...and what a good idea...just what a forum is for.

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »
I am 45 mins away in Peterborough which is a bit closer than Norfolk if that is any help.

john

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »
Thank you for your suggestion Andy, why didn't I think of that????  ::)
My thanks also to John but I am still hopeful of something a little nearer.
Perhaps if I were to drill the hole before I go and transport it ....carefully wrapped, of course.... what are the chances of it surviving the trip, do you think?
Thanks again everybody
Brian