Author Topic: Show & Tell query  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Blake

• iron
Show & Tell query
« on: January 08, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »
Happy New Year all,

I received the e-bulletin through yesterday which highlighted a show & tell competition - sounds like a fun & interesting challenge but I couldn't see any info regarding when the next event will be announced or how/where it will be announced - can anyone shed any light?

Apologies if I've missed the detail anywhere.

Thanks
Blake

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Show & Tell query
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 03:47:54 PM »
Not just you, I couldn't either LOL

Perte
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 04:25:36 PM »
It was announced in the last Revolutions.

The details are on the website under Events and it si the last item on the menu list. It covers the themes for the next 3 months and the details of the competition.

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 07:48:34 PM »
The link to the relevant page was in the email but here it is again - https://www.awgb.co.uk/show-tell/show-tell-rules/

Offline Roger Groom

• bronze
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 06:20:26 PM »
Reading some of the replies to this string makes me wonder if members actually read Revolutions or the regular bulletins that Paul sends out. The end part of last year I carried out a telephone survey to all our members (all of them have Internet access) to gauge the feelings about our club using Zoom as a platform for demo's etc. About 50% of them were not aware of the talking turning sessions or the Sunday demonstrations which were taking place at that time. The response to zoom was very muted and once again 50% of them would not take part in any demo carried out in this way. Lots of them check their emails once a month or so. Hey ho, you can lead a horse to water etc etc. Rant over.
Roger Groom

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 11:04:43 PM »
I have followed the links on my phone and they just go around in a circle not actually leading me to the actual survey. Has the web site been adjusted for use on Android?

Pete

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 07:48:36 AM »
I have followed the links on my phone and they just go around in a circle not actually leading me to the actual survey. Has the web site been adjusted for use on Android?

Pete

Are you asking about the survey which is a Google form but it is available on the website at https://www.awgb.co.uk/survey/ BUT the survey finished last night and so the link will be disabled today.

If you are asking about Show & Tell that is at the link Paul posted above or available in the Events menu on the site and the links work fine on an iPhone. I don't have an Android phone to test.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 09:16:46 AM »
Both, the links don't seem to work for me on an android phone.

Pete

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 01:44:52 PM »
Pete

I just popped round to a neighbour who has an Android phone and tried both the url's and they display fine. It must therefore be something with your phone. Have you another device that you can try?

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 02:06:10 PM »
I'll try o n a tablet, that's android as well so see what happens there.

Pete

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »
I had a query about it yesterday too - it does (did) work on Android but some people don't read the instructions about scrolling the form...

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 04:44:03 PM »
I have crolled Paul and believe me, on my adroid phone there is nothing, no links that don't lead back to the same page every time. Can't believe my phone is somehow the only one this happens to LOL. Tried it on my tablet with same result. Works OK on my laptop with Windows 10.

Pete

Just tried it on Mo's phone as well, same thing. Must be some sort of Gremlin in our house .

Offline Blake

• iron
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »
Apologies for slow response - your quite correct it is there (& I checked on my android phone and it also shows there), unfortunately when I clicked the link in the bulletin originally it took me to the Show & Tell information page & I didn't think to check on the events menu to see the drop down Show & Tell link - it may be worth adding a link back from the information page for clarity as I suspect there may be a few like myself that don't think to look there.

Cheers
Blake

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 02:17:38 PM »
Blake

Thanks for the suggestion I have added a link to the entries from the information page.