Author Topic: I quick hello from North Yorkshire  (Read 720 times)

Offline Fester

• iron
I quick hello from North Yorkshire
« on: November 30, 2020, 03:36:44 PM »
Just a quick introduction.

I have always liked making stuff; toys, models, puzzles, heat engines etc.etc. my projects have been limited on many occasions due to lack of equipment. This year's lockdowns have given me more shed time than normal and allowed me to build really useful stuff.

I decided to build a lathe,  initially a wood turning lathe with the intention of adding metal cutting facilities when finances allow. I do not want or need a large capacity machine, I have niether the finances or space to accomodate one.

The pictures may give you a feel of what I am building, the lathe is up and running mainly making bits and pieces for the lathe, tools handles etc, using this as an intro into turning which I have not done before. I am enjoying the process I find it a lot more fun than spending cash, I have to accept that I will make mistakes and end up with a machine that is perhaps is far from perfect.

I still have a list of things to do, but will get there in a few weeks.

In the meantime thanks for the forum, just a pity I did not find it before I started the build. I have looked at a lot of the builds here and I am wanting to start making my own, probably miniture versions of most.
Every penny a prisoner.

Toodlepip

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
Re: I quick hello from North Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 03:41:37 PM »
Very impressive for a self build.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: I quick hello from North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 04:46:54 PM »
Looks good and arguably better than some of the tat that is for sale.

By the way if you achieve 'perfection let us know as we are all struggling to get there LOL.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities