Author Topic: Padovac  (Read 177 times)

Offline Ybot

• iron
Padovac
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »
Hi I just needed to let people know of this great new tool from Padovac. I’ve been buying sanding discs and abrasives from them for some time and they have brought out this powered dustless sanding system. I’ve been using it for a week now and I thoroughly recommend it. Check out the wed site if your interested www.padovac.co.uk

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Padovac
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »
Not so good with a 100mm hose! What size is the hose it fits?
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Paul Hannaby

• Administrator
  • platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 05:04:27 PM »
If they had really thought about it, they could have incorporated a turbine so the sander powered itself from the airflow!

Also, I found out a long time ago that sanding with a "normal" drill ran the risk of the pad skipping and resulting in damage to the bowl (or whatever was being turned/sanded) so I went for a right angle drill and haven't had a problem since.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
For a first post seems a bit strange most people come in and introduce themselves

Offline Ybot

• iron
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
Hi again I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself first, I’m not really a woodturner but I have been experimenting with a few bowls on my Harison engineering lathe. I went for the padovac because wood dust causes no end of problems on an engineering workshop. The Padovoc works so well that I thought I must let woodturners know about it. It fits nicely on to a Henry vacuum cleaner.
Regards Toby

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
I can empathise, oil and coolant are not welcome in my wood shop either. Sanding system is probably of no use to me, I have 100mm and 125mm extraction for my dust management, have no issue with dust on the floor or on surfaces as there is no oil allowed, also I don't have a henry hoover in the workshop and it looks from the pictures to be horribly cumbersome!

Pleased you like it for making the odd bit here and there, but no offence I will wait for a review from an actual wood turner before I give it a second look, gismos and gadgets often do not live up to their rep and end up being expensive junk taking up space in the tool cupboard.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)