Author Topic: Jet 1220 Vs for sale  (Read 1851 times)

Offline ALAN THOMAS RPT

• copper
    • atwoodturning.com
Jet 1220 Vs for sale
« on: September 12, 2020, 02:14:22 PM »
I am changing my workshop around and am selling the small lathe that I no longer need. It is Jet 1220 variable speed and comes with a custom heavy duty stand, a small chuck with woodscrew, three toolrests and the usual drive spur and live tail centre. I have only used this lathe for teaching and taking to fairs etc so hasn't done a lot of work ( the paintwork looks a little battlescarred but that is due to travelling in the back of the car not to anything else ). The pictures show the lathe in action and is a great little machine.
I live in south east Cornwall and is for collection only. £625 ono
just one last cut and it will be perf...oh boll.....!

Offline Swiller

• iron
Re: Jet 1220 Vs for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:37:37 PM »
Hi - what is the thread on the spindle for these? I can’t remember. Is it definitely the variable speed version? I can’t see the speed controller from your pictures. Thanks.

Offline Captain Barnacles

• iron
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 04:29:00 PM »
I had one of these a while back. From memory I think it's a 1" x 8tpi. The black box on the side of the headstock is the VS gubbins. Excellent lathe, I regret selling mine sometimes.

Offline Swiller

• iron
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 07:42:06 PM »
Ah, thanks. I think I must have been mis-remembering from when I last looked at them, I thought the controller was on the front somewhere. I could work with 1”  x 8 as I’ve got a spare insert chuck I could use, though M33 would be easier.

Offline ALAN THOMAS RPT

• copper
    • atwoodturning.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
The thread is indeed 1" x 8 as Captain Barnacles says. The speed controller is also as he says on the left side of the headstock. It is a great little machine with a really good performance for its size. It is in perfect working order and I can highly recommend it.

Offline ALAN THOMAS RPT

• copper
    • atwoodturning.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 11:12:43 AM »
Now sold