Author Topic: Club cameras  (Read 837 times)

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
Club cameras
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:25:26 AM »
Hi everyone

Our club is looking to replace it's video system which we use to view and project demos.  We have a projector which we will continue to use as the hall does not have one built in.  We wnat to replace two cameras, be able to zoom in, perferably remotely.

I am sure there are threads where this has been discussed but I can't find them!

Any advice on type of cameras and other kit needed would be very welcome.  We don't have large funds as we are a small club and in normal times we have around 35 members maximum  at our meetings.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: Club cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »
Dave for my live streaming I purchased two Practika camcorders from Amazon. I think they were about £119 each. They come with a remote control for focusing and in my opinion they are pretty good.They don't have a multi socket (as our club cameras have) but they do have an HDMI socket which will allow you to use a capture card to convert to USB. I hope this is of some use to you.

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 07:30:29 AM »
Thanks John

I hope you're keeping well.

That is very helpful. Is there another gizmo that links the 2 cameras together so you can switch from one to another?  or do you project both t the same time?  Could you send me a sketch perhaps?  I use Zoom so I understand that bit, it's getting two cameras linked to the PC so we can zoom the demo that we aren't sure about.

Cheers Dave

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 08:26:30 AM »
Hi Dave, I am a bit busy today but will send something tomorrow, we could always "zoom" to discuss it better?

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 08:29:23 AM »
Thanks John

Much appreciated. 

Cheers DAve