Author Topic: Simon Hope  (Read 915 times)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
Simon Hope
« on: August 11, 2020, 02:29:05 PM »
Well what can I say other than a huge thank you Simon  :)

I purchase a Somon Hope bowl gouge and handle second hand , When I had a close look at it being curious as I had not owned one before , It is the twist lock type that you can remove the gouge from.
I tried to do this and it was VERY tight , needed pliers to get it undone , When I removed the gouge the previous owner had ground the shaft badly , then realising it would not tighten up glued it in . I phoned Simon who offered to have a look at it and see what could be done as a new gouge was £55  :o
I posted it of and a few days later Simon phoned and told me he had machined the shaft down slightly and made a new locking collet and it was now repaired  ;D

I asked Simon what I owed him and he insisted the repair was FOC just pay for the return postage , HOW GOOD IS THAT , propper customer service
I do own other Simon Hope products and am more than happy

Thanks Simon  :)

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
Re: Simon Hope
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 02:57:17 PM »
puts your faith back in people in todays materialistic society - Well done Simon. ;D
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads

Offline Philip Green

• bronze
    • No Mans Land
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 08:30:34 PM »
Does Simon know how to give poor service? I would say that this certainly comes under the heading of "above and beyond".

I too have some of his products and am very happy with them.
Philip from sunny St Issey

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 01:12:59 PM »
Simon does seem to be a nice chap, I’ve met him several times at the shows.