Author Topic: Clubs opening up risk assessment  (Read 2100 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Clubs opening up risk assessment
« on: July 30, 2020, 11:17:13 PM »
Without wishing to get into a conversation on the rights or wrongs of clubs opening up again I wonder if any clubs have produced a risk assessment for when they do open up again? I am in the middle of producing one for my club and would like to know what others are including in their's. For instance, will you allow the making of tea and coffee?Will you sanitise the lathe handles before and after the demonstrator?What about the chairs? What will your risk assessment be based on? ( I will base mine on the guidelines for opening cinemas again.) If you do not wish to post them publicly then please do PM me.

Offline michaelb

• bronze
Re: Clubs opening up risk assessment
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 07:09:16 AM »
Unfortunately I don't think we can do any planning about reopening at the moment at this time as the rules keep changing, for example only today the Welsh government announced only up to 30 people can meet out doors, our church hall venue says their insurers have told them not to reconsider opening till at least January ,the 2 meter rule would reduce the hall capacity from 40 to 15, Unclear about the use of masks, but I think more importantly would members want to visit.
I do think it would be beneficial to all clubs as to what the AWGB insurance has to say baring in mind that we are responsible for H & S hence the need for risk assessment, but saying that the venue will have its own risk assessment .
No pockets in shrouds spend it now

Offline Dave Wraight

• bronze
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 09:19:04 AM »
Hi
The hall that we use has issued such a long list of guidelines that I personally would not wish to put club members at risk(nor myself) plus the fact that we would be so restricted on numbers. We will continue to ZOOM -just wish more members would join in - unfortunately it seems that some members only wish to meet 'in the flesh'. Yes I understand the benefits of this but in the current situation we have to move on and move forward and learn from our online experiences.

Offline Wooddust

• copper
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 07:04:29 PM »
The problem I am having is getting guidelines from the hall we use. Only then can I look at producing our own risk assessments.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 09:34:03 PM »
This may be of help if you’ve not already seen it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-community-facilities/covid-19-guidance-for-the-safe-use-of-multi-purpose-community-facilities

I think asking members to bring their own refreshments would be safer. If hot drinks were provided I would be far happier using my own cup.

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 07:11:30 PM »
Thank you all for your replies.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 09:11:05 PM »

Hi Bill21
After reading through the link you put on your post  I must be sad on a Saturday night this makes it look like getting through a minefield would be easier.
                                         Regards John
John Smith

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 10:47:19 PM »
The hall where my club meets has only recently started their own risk assessment. Once complete it will be made available to all those that use the facilities to draft their own. It will be interesting to see how the “toilet monitor” is appointed!  :o

Offline michaelb

• bronze
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 06:57:25 AM »
I am sure they will "flush" one out .
No pockets in shrouds spend it now

• platinum
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »
At least you have something to go on for the time being.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 05:24:20 PM »
Have any of you seen a wood turning club specific risk assessment yet?

• platinum
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »
As far as my local club is concerned we will not be allowed back in until the hall owners give us permisssion, and so that is when we will carryout our RA as so much could change between now and then(whenever that is).

Offline julcle

• platinum
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 10:15:16 AM »
We heard on Friday that our Community Education Centre where Crow Valley Woodturners meet will not be open until January at the earliest. If the situation changes they will let us know.  Julian
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian

Offline Tim Pettigrew

• bronze
    • Converting a garage to a woodturning workshop
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »
Our Community Centre is open and has a Covid use risk assessment policy, but our members have decided to defer resumption until next year.  In the meantime we are organising Zoom meetings...

Tim

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »
 Hi Everyone,
                   I have received a email from Zurich Insurance This is the Company who covers the AWGB clubs they have a service which is FREE it is called Local Community Advisory Service (LCAS)  this is Risk Management Simple so who ever is your club contact they should have received this information and you can download the guide in the form of pdf this maybe helpful.

Regards John
John Smith