Author Topic: Startrite 14-S-1 Bandsaw SOLD  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Startrite 14-S-1 Bandsaw SOLD
« on: July 13, 2020, 03:49:24 PM »
SOLD
I'm just dipping my toe in the water here to see what (if any) demand there is for a big heavy bandsaw from a very well respected UK manufacturer. I have a Startrite 14-S-1 which I bought several years ago, but have never used. When I bought it, it was up and running in a friend's engineering shop, but as it was 3-phase I was going to re-motor it, rather than fit an inverter. However, for whatever reason that never happened and it's been sat in my shed for something like 9 years. At the moment, the table has been removed, as has the motor and it makes little sense to put them back because the body is heavy enough without all the peripherals bolted to it.

Is anyone interested in taking it? You'd need a good road trailer to collect it from north Wales and you'd need a day or two spent working on it to clean it up, bung the motor back in and away you go. I'm not looking for big money for this, so would accept a low, but sensible price. It comes with its rip fence and a manual.

Anyone want to make me an offer?

Here's a stock photo for the time being....if you're interested, I'll put its table back on and get an up to date photo for you.

Les
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:12:08 AM by Les Symonds »
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Richard

• iron
Re: Startrite 14-S-1 Bandsaw
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 12:18:31 PM »
Can you clarify what a 'low but sensible price' represents? I have 3-phase.

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:02:07 PM »
Can you clarify what a 'low but sensible price' represents? I have 3-phase.
Hello Richard....I'd take £150 for it.....but one other member of this forum has already contacted me by private message and a local buyer is looking at it as well.
I'll update this post in a day or two, when I have some more info.

Offline Richard

• iron
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 07:35:39 AM »
I am happy to accept that. I hope you are at the right end of North wales!

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:16:24 AM »
Ok...hold on until I've spoken to the other two parties involved....if it's still available in a couple of days I'll get back to you.