Author Topic: Tigerwood and Wenge  (Read 1028 times)

Offline al kuntz

• iron
Tigerwood and Wenge
« on: June 27, 2020, 08:39:10 PM »
The tag said Tigerwood.  Nice wood to turn whatever it is. The dark wood is Wenge. About 12 tall x 11 diameter. Sanded to 800 and finished with Shellawax cream
Modify message

Offline al kuntz

• iron
Re: Tigerwood and Wenge
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 08:43:21 PM »
I am not sure what I am  doing wrong with the pictures being on their sides. They are right in my saved pictures so I tried rotating them and they still come out sideways. so get the right perspective I guess you have be laying down

Offline Valkrider

• Administrator
  • bronze
    • TurnLincs
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 03:07:30 PM »
the images on their side is probably to do with being taken on a phone? Get an image editing program such as irfanview (free from https://www.irfanview.com/) and rotate them and save them and then upload.

BTW nice shaped lidded hollow form / large box?

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 03:46:26 PM »
Just take pictures in landscape mode like everything likely to display it and ensure the lens is at the top of the device. Far quicker and easier than fiddling about afterwards.

Offline al kuntz

• iron
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 02:39:12 AM »
Thanks.  I posted these pictures on 6 different forums that I follow and 3 had no problem with orientation

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »
No idea about tiger wood, I think i've seen several woods with that sort of name.

But the box shape especially with the raised lip, really looks great in my eye. Nice piece of turning.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!