Author Topic: Next piece  (Read 875 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Next piece
« on: June 21, 2020, 07:27:37 PM »
There are actually two pieces finished but don't want to bore you all too much.This is the smaller one.It's mahogany and 13£ diameter. The stand or base is made to measure. It has been textured in rinf[-gs that are bevelled and the boss is pewter with and enamel shell mounted on it. These pieces are really difficult to photogaraph as the light catches different parts in diofferent ways so they rafrely look the same as i  real life but this one is pretty close for a change.
C&C welcome as always.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
Re: Next piece
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 08:22:36 PM »
First impression is that this is a stunning piece of work. The texturing is very nice. For me the centre-piece is absolutely lovely, the focal point
in terms of geometry and visual interest. The design of the back of the plaque is in keeping with the overall design. I like the front of the stand more than the rear. If there is a second piece, I for one would like to see it :)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Next piece
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 10:30:08 PM »
r. If there is a second piece, I for one would like to see it :)

Here ya go. This is 14", mahogany with a plain pewter boss. It is on a foxed mount Not so easy to get the texture to show on this one for some reason.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities