Author Topic: Tormek T-4 and TNT-808  (Read 5061 times)

Offline David Holden

• copper
Re: Tormek T-4 and TNT-808
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2020, 04:58:45 PM »
Final thought on it, set it up so you have good access to it, I physically stand in 3 different positions when putting on the 40/40 grind and all standard grinds need me to have good comfortable access to the machine.

Thought I'd share a photo of where it is going, this is straight out of the box and screwed into a fixed position. If the wing-nuts get in the way I'll put washers there instead.

Thanks again for all your help boys!

David

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2020, 02:25:58 PM »
That’s far too clean to be a workshop David, it looks more like a photographic studio!  ;D

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
That’s far too clean to be a workshop David, it looks more like a photographic studio!  ;D

Give it a few weeks  ;)
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline David Holden

• copper
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
Yeah, it's a tip already! I tidied that bit up for the photo!

There was a problem with the ProEdge when it came. I reshaped a bowl gouge and a spindle gouge with no problems at all, but had to adjust the belt position slightly and it just went loose. For some reason the thread on the shaft had been squashed, so I couldn't tighten the collar. Anyway, some fella from Robert Sorby called me and I told him what the problem was and he sent me a replacement. Dead easy to change and works perfectly now.

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2020, 08:21:34 AM »
I had a similar problem with threads of sharpening jigs that came with a Record Power grinder. First time they were used the threads failed to 'bind' properly and remained loose. The problem was quickly sorted out when I brought it to the supplier's attention, but it bothers me that a faulty item was dispatched in the first place. I wonder how good quality control is in cases like this . . . . . . .

Offline Bill21

• platinum
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2020, 10:45:29 AM »
Not much it seems. Record Power are currently replacing faulty Banjos supplied with their Herald lathes according to social media.