Author Topic: Harrison union jubilee lathe  (Read 840 times)

Offline Stuvo88

• iron
Harrison union jubilee lathe
« on: May 01, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »
Hi all,

I have very recently inherited a Harrison union jubilee lathe from my late grandfather and was hoping someone would be able to help me know the overall dimensions of the lathe and has anyone dismantled the lathe before? I currently reside in Toronto Canada and I'm trying to get quotes for shipping the lathe from Kent. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Re: Harrison union jubilee lathe
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:09:43 PM »
Have you had a look here:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/harrisonwood/page2.html

You may find some relevant information?

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 07:15:22 PM »
I have a Workshop manual for the Graduate with instructions for maintenance, adjusting and setting up.

I cannot attach a document to a PM so if you PM me your e-mail address I will forward it to you.

And as I note this is your first post, welcome to the forum

Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline jay

• copper
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:27:14 PM »
the jubilee is easy to remove the bed and tailstock from .However the main casting is fairly heavy but would strap to a pallet laying down ok along with the bed . Check on how the CDN customs will treat it as imported machinery . Also see if you will have to pay a broker to clear it and the cost . I found out that i could clear it myself but was activly obstructed by the customs at dixie road who tried to make me use a broker by not helping me with the paperwork . Using brokers makes the customs clearance easier for the officers as brokers have a bond posted with them  This may not answert you question directly but may help  i have just imported a General 260 lathe  and General ss32 shaper to the UK i also have a graduate short bed lathe