Author Topic: Record Coronet no3  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Billybones

• iron
Record Coronet no3
« on: March 14, 2020, 02:37:43 PM »
Hi all, does anyone have any info as to the spec on the Record Coronet no3? Motor power, distance between centres and maximum diameter over the bed? Also are parts, face plates, chucks, etc quite easy to purchase, from the likes of Axminster or Record etc? Thanks in advance 👍

Offline Mike Amphlett

• iron
Re: Record Coronet no3
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »
Billy
I have a green one I bought in the  80s, but I think it has been through a couple of incarnations and colours since then. I'm not at home at the moment but I could dig out the manual tomorrow when I get home if it would help. But mine has a 3/4hp motor with 5 step pulley, and a 3/4" x 16tpi spindle. I think the bed is 48", From memory I think it was available in 2 or possibly 3 bed lengths. Chuck's and face plates should be very easy to source, Axminster, Toolpost and Yandles to name but three. I don't use it anymore and it is in bits but if you are close to me you are welcome to come and run a tape measure over it, i am in Bedfordshire.

Regards

Mike

Offline Billybones

• iron
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 08:02:32 PM »
Thanks for your help Mike  :) I’ve managed to source one locally to me. Blue in colour, I’m guessing it’s one of the later models, the bars are just under 1800mm. I’ll be nipping to Axminster on Monday to get kitted out with chisels etc. Does anyone know if you can successfully fit an inverter on these?

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 09:26:05 PM »
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Mike Amphlett

• iron
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 09:34:02 PM »

Offline Billybones

• iron
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 11:29:17 PM »
Thanks  :)