Author Topic: Wood store rebuild  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Derek

• platinum
Re: Wood store rebuild
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 08:03:21 PM »
Took the opportunity to make a door today and clear the decks ready for assembly but it looks like that may not happen until after the weekend as it is forecast for rain yet again.

First picture just about to fit the diagonal braces the second picture the door has been trimmed to get rid of the tongue and tenon on each side as well as to bring it to final width

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:05:08 PM by Derek »

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 05:52:27 PM »
Today is the first day of no rain and little wind I have dismantled what is left of the old shed and cleaned the decks for the new one to go up. The old shed did not take much to take down as it nearly fell down by itself ;D ;D ;D
I have stopped for yet another break as I have to do this in small spurts due to my health, that is why I am able to post this.
By the end of today, I have most of it assembled, with the help of a club member at least the end is getting very close which means that I can empty some of the other sheds and conservatory. This also means some much-needed turning time as I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »
Good work Derek  :)
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 09:57:12 AM »
Good work Derek  :)

Thank you trying to get the roof braces on today have already fitted the gutter. It is forecast for more rain later and tomorrow so trying to get as much done as possible just having a coffee break as I need to stop every so often not like when I was younger and a lot fitter. Up and down ladders does not help.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 09:00:06 PM »
Yet another day on the rebuild with the promise of rain by midday I did not expect to get much done but was hoping that I could at least get the gutter and roof battens on. But luck was on my side and I even managed to get the roof sheets on as well.
Now all I need to do is build the last remaining wall and door. I have placed the old rack in there but it needs a couple of pieces of wood replacing before it is filled up again.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
Now I am really feeling the end is close the last side made today after having to fight the silly shoppers for the weekly shop, at least with a tool shop there is something worth looking at.

Did not put the finish on as the feather boards are too wet so decided to assemble and fix in place.

The shelf unit is back in properly now ready to be restocked from all the hiding places.

Taking a day off tomorrow at the turning club then Sunday onwards I will get the door complete and if lucky start moving everything back and then back to normal.

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 12:21:02 PM »
Well done Derek, something extremely satisfying about making a useful building.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 06:41:52 PM »
Well done Derek, something extremely satisfying about making a useful building.

Took a day off today and went to the turning club and watched David Lowe a very enjoyable day even though I could really have took the day finishing the store while it was dry.
Hopefully, tomorrow will allow me to finish then the move back in starts and I can clear the workshop

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 08:24:16 PM »
Clearing the workshop, now there is a whole new project!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 11:04:10 PM »
Clearing the workshop, now there is a whole new project!

Only clear it of what I had to take out of the wood store while I rebuilt it then I can reach the ash bowl I have half turned which I started a month ago.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 04:48:31 PM »
Today got the downpipe fitted for the gutter. And then started to move in some of the wood. I have decided to leave the turning blanks in the other store and move mainly the flatwood into this one. Also things like part turned bowls, LV bowling balls burrs and exotic woods.

Still need to apply the finish to this panel and door. I will be sorting the wood out into wood types rather than having to hunt for a piece.

Offline Walnut Les

• bronze
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 08:23:06 PM »
Dave Bates is not going to be very happy with you opening up your own wood store Derek. Looking good mate.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 08:26:08 PM »
Dave Bates is not going to be very happy with you opening up your own wood store Derek. Looking good mate.

;D ;D ;D

Glad to get to this stage hopefully get back to normal whatever normal is